Just as your efforts determine the success of your business objectives, your commitment to your team plays a critical role in the achievement of your organization’s safety objectives.
Here’s what you will find when you login to the VRM Portal:
- A full ranking of all your drivers to help you quickly assess where to prioritize your feedback.
- A detailed drill-down view for each driver showing:
- FICO® Safe Driving Score and how much it has changed week over week.
- Rating for each individual tracked behavior: speeding, distraction, acceleration, braking, and cornering.
- Distance, hours, and number of trips driven including changes to these metrics week over week.
- Training modules completed vs. the total number assigned.
- Weekly percentage of trips marked as “personal” and “passenger” trips (which are removed from the driver’s score) so you can spot any concerning patterns in use of this feature to favorably alter one’s FICO score.
Here’s what the driver experience’s in the app and/or within the VRM Driver Portal:
- Their overall FICO® Safe Driving Score, which is calculated as a rolling 7-day score.
- A ranking of how their score compares to the overall Organization, Team, and to the Top 10% of the team; this feature is intended to promote comparative accountability and healthy competition.
- A rating of each trip right after it happens, including a breakdown of good and bad “events” plotted precisely on a map to help jog the memory.
- The ability to dispute speeding events.
- The ability to flag trips as “passenger” or “personal” so they are removed from their score.
- The ability to see the full detail of the last 14 days
- The ability to create their own “Circles” to view each others’ score directly; this feature is intended to further encourage healthy competition (GPS location information is not shared in Circles).
- Short, interactive coaching modules they can take right from their phone: these are assigned within the app based on performance.
Here are two common questions you might be asked OR may be concerned about yourself:
- The FICO® Safe Driving Score has nothing to do with the FICO® credit score. No credit or financial data is collected or used in calculating the FICO® Safe Driving Score — only a driver’s actual driving behaviors are used.
- While we have optimized battery consumption, Mentor does use the phone’s battery, especially for long trips. Just as many drivers do while using navigation apps, we encourage all users to plug in their phone to minimize the impact on the battery.
Time to get started—please remember that the best thing you can do as a manager is to personally demonstrate the behaviors your organization is reinforcing. Mentor can help you too.