A minimum of three (3) minutes or until you manually end your trip.
You cannot interact with Mentor while you are driving. A trip ends once you have been stopped for three (3) minutes or when a change is detected in your movement mode, such as walking.
To use your phone when safely parked and avoid a Distraction event, you can manually end your trip before the three minutes are up.
How to use the feature:
- When safely parked (speed = 0 mph), open the Mentor App.
- You will be prompted to “Tap OK to immediately end trip recording and safely interact with your phone”
- Tap OK to end your driving trip.
- The prompt is only available when a) You open Mentor App and b) Speed = 0 mph.
- Any manipulation events that occur when you pick up the phone to end trip will be truncated, as long as you are parked in a safe location with a speed of 0mph.
Note: Incoming calls, emails, or texts/notifications while driving will not count as a phone manipulation if you do not respond to them or swipe away notifications.