Yes. Mentor’s unique ability to allow drivers to catalog their trips as Business Driving (the default setting for Trip-based scoring) versus Personal or Passenger is a huge step forward in telematics that no other approach allows. Your Company chose eDriving’s approach partly because it affords their drivers this ability and respects their rights to privacy when NOT driving for work purposes.
If you drive a corporate vehicle:
- Your Company is responsible for your safety as well as the safety of the communities in which you live and work, whenever you are driving the corporate vehicle.
- Mentor must always be ON and active whenever you are behind the wheel of your corporate vehicle, whether driving for work or on personal time.
- When driving your corporate vehicle on personal time, remember to record your trips as Personal or Passenger to exclude the trip from your FICO® Safe Driving Score.
If you drive your own vehicle for work purposes:
- Your Company is responsible for your safety as well as the safety of the communities in which you live and work, only when you are driving your vehicle for work purposes.
- Mentor must only be ON when you are driving for work purposes.
- When driving on personal time, you have the option to turn your phone with Mentor on it OFF.
Mentor will automatically start recording data when your speed is between 5-11 mph for 3 consecutive seconds. Mentor will automatically stop data collection after any of several conditions are met:
- 3 minutes elapse with no movement.
- a change is detected in “mode” from driving.
- Mentor and the FICO® Safe Driving Score only score trips that are more than 4 minutes in duration and more than .3 miles in length.
If the scored Trip was a Personal trip, or you were not the driver, you can change the Trip to Personal or Passenger. Trips marked as Personal or Passenger will not be scored and will be excluded from your overall FICO® Safe Driving Score.