There is no difference in brain distraction between hand-held and hands-free phone use—they are equally distracting and therefore are equally counted as negative events in Mentor. Soon you will receive the Distracted Driving series of modules with our own Brain Science Advisor, Dr. Paul Atchley, in your playlist, which will convince you why you need to leave your phone alone while behind the wheel! If you have already seen them, we encourage you to go watch them again.
Articles in this section
- What is Mentor's "Harsh Cornering" threshold?
- What is Mentor's "Harsh Braking" threshold?
- What is Mentor's "Harsh Acceleration" threshold?
- What is Telematics?
- What is Mentor?
- What is the FICO® Safe Driving Score?
- How is the FICO® Safe Driving Score calculated?
- Are there any behaviors that will result in a pre-determined trip rating?
- What do I need to do to receive a “great” rating on my trip?
- What constitutes “Speeding”? If I inadvertently pick up speed going downhill or accelerate to pass a car, is this considered “Speeding”?