No, however, from a safety perspective, you should place your phone in a fixed cradle or in the glove box while driving. Keeping your phone in a stationary and upright position will also help the accuracy of Mentor’s readings, though Mentor will work in any position, including in a purse or briefcase.
Articles in this section
- What is Mentor's "Harsh Cornering" threshold?
- What is Mentor's "Harsh Braking" threshold?
- What is Mentor's "Harsh Acceleration" threshold?
- What is Telematics?
- What is Mentor?
- What is the FICO® Safe Driving Score?
- How is the FICO® Safe Driving Score calculated?
- Are there any behaviors that will result in a pre-determined trip rating?
- What do I need to do to receive a “great” rating on my trip?
- What constitutes “Speeding”? If I inadvertently pick up speed going downhill or accelerate to pass a car, is this considered “Speeding”?