If you use your phone after a Trip ends, you will not incur a Distraction event. Remember, a Trip “end” is considered when 3 minutes elapse with no movement (i.e., speed <3m/sec or 6.7 mph), OR a change is detected in “mode” from driving. Your Mentor app will still be running during this first 3 minutes and you may think it is recording the event—but the software is designed to remove that event once the 3 minutes has been reached; if it detects you are walking it will end the trip sooner.
Articles in this section
- What is Mentor's "Harsh Cornering" threshold?
- What is Mentor's "Harsh Braking" threshold?
- What is Mentor's "Harsh Acceleration" threshold?
- Why are my Playlist Items erased?
- Does the FICO® Safe Driving Score account for severity of an event?
- Is there a way to share the calculation method for the overall FICO® Safe Driving Score?
- Is each instance weighted the same for the overall FICO® Safe Driving Score?
- How much is each event worth?
- Why am I getting a "High Risk" braking rating when I do not have any negative events?
- My score dropped and I didn't drive today.