If you use your phone after a Trip ends, you will not incur a Distraction event. Remember, a Trip “end” is considered when 3 minutes elapse with no movement (i.e., speed <3m/sec or 6.7 mph), OR a change is detected in “mode” from driving. Your Mentor app will still be running during this first 3 minutes and you may think it is recording the event—but the software is designed to remove that event once the 3 minutes has been reached; if it detects you are walking it will end the trip sooner.
Articles in this section
- What is Telematics?
- What is Mentor?
- What is the FICO® Safe Driving Score?
- How is the FICO® Safe Driving Score calculated?
- Are there any behaviors that will result in a pre-determined trip rating?
- What do I need to do to receive a “great” rating on my trip?
- What constitutes “Speeding”? If I inadvertently pick up speed going downhill or accelerate to pass a car, is this considered “Speeding”?
- What does Smooth Maneuvering mean and how is it triggered?
- What are Mentor’s “Harsh Braking” and “Harsh Cornering” thresholds?
- I had a very high FICO® Safe Driving Score and have not incurred any negative events, and yet my score has continued to decline. What’s going on?