There is no difference in brain distraction between hand-held and hands-free phone use—they are equally distracting and therefore are equally counted as negative events in Mentor. Soon you will receive the Distracted Driving series of modules with our own Brain Science Advisor, Dr. Paul Atchley, in your playlist, which will convince you why you need to leave your phone alone while behind the wheel! If you have already seen them, we encourage you to go watch them again.
Articles in this section
- What is Telematics?
- What is Mentor?
- What is the FICO® Safe Driving Score?
- How is the FICO® Safe Driving Score calculated?
- Are there any behaviors that will result in a pre-determined trip rating?
- What constitutes “Speeding”? If I inadvertently pick up speed going downhill or accelerate to pass a car, is this considered “Speeding”?
- What does Smooth Maneuvering mean and how is it triggered?
- What are Mentor’s “Harsh Braking” and “Harsh Cornering” thresholds?
- I had a very high FICO® Safe Driving Score and have not incurred any negative events, and yet my score has continued to decline. What’s going on?
- What if I have privacy concerns?