There could be a few issues that are causing the Mentor app to not record or display a trip.
- Go to “Settings” in your phone
- Go to “Privacy” and ensure “Location Services” is enabled/turned on
- In “Privacy” make sure “Motion & Fitness” is enabled for Mentor
- Go to “Mentor” and make sure “Location” is set to “Always”
- For Android users make sure “Power Save Mode” is off
- A trip must be at least 4 minutes long and at least .3 miles in length. If a trip does not meet these criteria, it will not be scored.
- Short trips of 2-4 minutes in duration will be shown but will not be part of the FICO® Safe Driving Score calculation.
- If you are not on a cellular network or your phone is offline, your trip is still being captured; however, it will not appear on your Mentor Dashboard until your phone is online or on the cellular network again.
- If you manually “swipe kill” the Mentor app, you may miss the beginning of a trip due to limitations regarding how Apple and Android phones revert to hibernate when not in use.
If the above guidance has all been met, try “swipe killing” and restarting the Mentor app.