Below are the device requirements for Mentor to function properly:
- Android 5.0 or above or iOS 10 (may be subject to change when iOS 14 is introduced) or above are required. A smartphone manufactured in the past 2 years should be Mentor-compatible, although not all devices have the broadest range of sensors. The minimum hardware required is GPS, gyro sensor and an accelerometer.
Additionally, the below settings are required for Mentor to detect trip start/stop effectively:
- “Location Services” must be turned on in Settings —> Privacy —> Location Services.
- “Motion & Fitness” must be on and Location must be set to “Always” in Settings—> Mentor.
- “Location” must be turned on in Settings.
- “Battery Saver Mode” must be disabled.
For best results:
- A power adapter and cradle are highly recommended for your phone.
- Mentor will function in “offline” mode. It does not require internet during a trip. At the end of the trip, Mentor will require internet connection (cellular network or Wi-Fi) to upload trip data for scoring and reporting. If internet connection is not available, Mentor will wait and upload the trip data when a connection is available.
- When Mentor uploads and downloads data, it will use your mobile phone’s data plan unless the phone is connected to Wi-Fi.