Mentor can usually detect if you pull a sufficient distance off the road to safely make a phone call or check directions. In these cases, if phone manipulation is happening when speed = 0 and your car is a safe distance from the roadway (e.g., in a parking lot or gas station), Mentor will discard it as a Distraction event. However, pulling just slightly over on the side of the road is NOT safe and will still be counted as a Distraction event. The only place to safely make a call is from a parking lot, service area, or once you have reached your destination.
Articles in this section
- What is Telematics?
- What is Mentor?
- What is the FICO® Safe Driving Score?
- How is the FICO® Safe Driving Score calculated?
- Are there any behaviors that will result in a pre-determined trip rating?
- What constitutes “Speeding”? If I inadvertently pick up speed going downhill or accelerate to pass a car, is this considered “Speeding”?
- What does Smooth Maneuvering mean and how is it triggered?
- What are Mentor’s “Harsh Braking” and “Harsh Cornering” thresholds?
- I had a very high FICO® Safe Driving Score and have not incurred any negative events, and yet my score has continued to decline. What’s going on?
- What if I have privacy concerns?