This is a score based on each driver’s measured driving behaviors, including Harsh Acceleration, Braking, Cornering, Cellphone Distraction and Speeding. In addition to measuring risky behaviors, Mentor also gathers data on positive events such as Smooth Acceleration, Smooth Cornering, and Smooth Braking. These positive factors increase a driver’s score. This combination of positive and negative behaviors, along with the distance traveled are factored into the FICO® Safe Driving Score. ONLY DRIVER BEHAVIORS GATHERED FROM THE MENTOR APP ARE USED IN THE SCORE CALCULATION—NO CREDIT DATA IS USED IN COMPILING THE SCORE.
Articles in this section
- What is Mentor's "Harsh Cornering" threshold?
- What is Mentor's "Harsh Braking" threshold?
- What is Mentor's "Harsh Acceleration" threshold?
- What is Telematics?
- What is Mentor?
- What is the FICO® Safe Driving Score?
- How is the FICO® Safe Driving Score calculated?
- Are there any behaviors that will result in a pre-determined trip rating?
- What do I need to do to receive a “great” rating on my trip?
- What constitutes “Speeding”? If I inadvertently pick up speed going downhill or accelerate to pass a car, is this considered “Speeding”?