Mentor can usually detect if you pull a sufficient distance off the road to safely make a phone call or check directions. In these cases, if phone manipulation is happening when speed = 0 and your car is a safe distance from the roadway (e.g., in a parking lot or gas station), Mentor will discard it as a Distraction event. However, pulling just slightly over on the side of the road is NOT safe and will still be counted as a Distraction event. The only place to safely make a call is from a parking lot, service area, or once you have reached your destination.
Articles in this section
- Why are my Playlist Items erased?
- Does the FICO® Safe Driving Score account for severity of an event?
- Is there a way to share the calculation method for the overall FICO® Safe Driving Score?
- Is each instance weighted the same for the overall FICO® Safe Driving Score?
- How much is each event worth?
- Why am I receiving a 0 second hard braking, acceleration, or cornering event?
- Why am I getting a POOR braking rating when I do not have any negative events?
- My score dropped and I didn't drive today.
- Can I manually end my trip?
- What device types are supported for Mentor