Mentor can usually detect if you pull a sufficient distance off the road to safely make a phone call or check directions. In these cases, if phone manipulation is happening when speed = 0 and your car is a safe distance from the roadway (e.g., in a parking lot or gas station), Mentor will discard it as a Distraction event. However, pulling just slightly over on the side of the road is NOT safe and will still be counted as a Distraction event. The only place to safely make a call is from a parking lot, service area, or once you have reached your destination.
Articles in this section
- Who is eDriving?
- How secure is the Mentor app and platform?
- What is the FICO® Safe Driving Score?
- How does Mentor know I am driving?
- What is Mentor's "Harsh Cornering" threshold?
- What is Mentor's "Harsh Braking" threshold?
- What is Mentor's "Harsh Acceleration" threshold?
- Why are my Playlist Items erased?
- Does the FICO® Safe Driving Score account for the severity of an event?
- Is there a way to share the calculation method for the FICO® Safe Driving Score?