- Speeding for at least 10% of the trip – No better than “Medium Risk” or ★★★ Trip
- Speeding for at least 15% of the trip – No better than “High Risk” or ★★ Trip
- Speeding for at least 20% or more of the trip – “Very High Risk” or ★ Trip Rating
- A phone call (placed or answered) or a phone manipulation – No better than “Low Risk” or ★★★★ Trip
- 5+ phone manipulations – No better than “Medium Risk” or ★★★ Trip
These “rules” have been included because of the inherent danger associated with speeding and cellphone distraction. Both significantly increase the chances of fatalities and serious injuries to yourself and other road users. Note: We say “no better than” because if there are other “high risk” events, such as Harsh Braking, a driver’s scores will be further reduced.