This is a score based on each driver’s measured driving behaviors, including Harsh Acceleration, Braking, Cornering, Cellphone Distraction and Speeding. In addition to measuring risky behaviors, Mentor also gathers data on positive events such as Smooth Acceleration, Smooth Cornering, and Smooth Braking. These positive factors increase a driver’s score. This combination of positive and negative behaviors, along with the distance traveled are factored into the FICO® Safe Driving Score. ONLY DRIVER BEHAVIORS GATHERED FROM THE MENTOR APP ARE USED IN THE SCORE CALCULATION—NO CREDIT DATA IS USED IN COMPILING THE SCORE.
Articles in this section
- Does the FICO® Safe Driving Score account for severity of an event?
- Is there a way to share the calculation method for the overall FICO® Safe Driving Score?
- Is each instance weighted the same for the overall FICO® Safe Driving Score?
- How much is each event worth?
- Why am I receiving a 0 second hard braking, acceleration, or cornering event?
- Why am I getting a POOR braking rating when I do not have any negative events?
- What is Telematics?
- What is Mentor?
- What is the FICO® Safe Driving Score?
- How is the FICO® Safe Driving Score calculated?