This tool creates a safe atmosphere for a two-way dialogue between managers and drivers. The overall purpose is to further reiterate the importance of creating a crash-free culture and ensuring that drivers return home safely at the end of each day. Active participation is critical; Managers and Drivers are to complete this coaching activity together.
Coaching sessions will be assigned to your team members participating in the Mentor by eDriving Program. You can view which team members need a coaching session for the month from the DriverINDEX: Scorecard page under the DriverINDEX: COACH column.
Any driver indicated as Required will need a coaching session which you, the manager, will schedule either in person or over the phone.
To Access the Coaching Tool:
- Click on ‘View’ next to a specific driver’s last name.
- In the section labeled DriverINDEX: COACH click ‘View’ to expand the window.
- Click the current Month on the left-hand side.
- Read each section carefully and record observations in the spaces provided.
- Once complete, Save your progress. A green check mark will appear.
- After a coaching session has been completed and saved, the review will be made available for the driver to view in their individual Driver HQ.
- Previous coaching sessions will be locked and unable to be edited whether completed or not.